A Passion for Healthy and Beautiful Smiles
Dr. Robert Cavanaugh enjoys building strong relationships with his patients while helping them develop a healthy and beautiful smile. He looks forward to talking with each patient, learning about their family and interests, and hearing about their life. “Practicing orthodontics is extremely rewarding. Improving my patients’ self-esteem and self-confidence, and knowing I’ve made a positive difference in their lives makes coming to work each day a true pleasure.”
Education and Continuing Education
Dr. Robert Cavanaugh attended Valparaiso University, where he received his Bachelor of Science in biology in 1994. He completed his dental studies at Indiana University School of Dentistry in 1998. After receiving his Doctorate of Dental Surgery from Indiana, Dr. Cavanaugh continued his education at NOVA Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale to obtain his orthodontic specialty education in 2001. Dr. Cavanaugh became board certified by the American Board of Orthodontics in May 2005.
- Bachelor of Science in biology – Valparaiso University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – Indiana University School of Dentistry
- Orthodontic specialty education – NOVA Southeastern University
- Board certified by the American Board of Orthodontics
Dr. Cavanaugh is committed to providing the highest level of care to each of his patients. As part of that commitment, he completes many hours of continuing orthodontic education each year. By attending conferences, seminars, and lectures, he remains current on new technologies and treatments. Dr. Cavanaugh is also an active member of the Dental Excellence in Northwest Indiana Study Club.
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Great Lakes Association of Orthodontists
- Indiana Association of Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- Indiana Dental Association
- Northwest Indiana Dental Society
- Valparaiso Rotary Club
- Valparaiso Chamber of Commerce
Dr. Cavanaugh and his wife Heather live in Valparaiso with their five children: Samantha, Matthew, Tommy, Rebecca, and Brady. He is active in his community as a member of the Valparaiso Rotary Club and the Chamber of Commerce and enjoys coaching his kids’ youth sports teams, playing basketball, and flying.